Farmers' Mutual Fire Insurance Company provides insurance for loss by fire or lightening for farms including all outbuildings, equipment, and livestock. We also provide fire and lightening insurance coverage for all types of housing, including single-family homes, renters and rental properties.
- Coverage against loss by fire or lightning to homes, outbuildings, farm equipment, livestock, home contents, apartment contents.
- Low cost policies with no deductible rates that anyone can afford.
- Our customers are able to talk to a real person.
- We serve homeowners, farmers, renters, and landlords.
- We are committed to meeting the needs of our customers in a way that never fails to exceed their expectations.
FMFIC is a policy holder owned company in the state of Michigan. Our coverage area is Huron, Sanilac, and Tuscola Counties. We care about our customers. Our Agent, our Staff and our Board of Directors are here to serve you. Our farm policy is our oldest line of business which was established in 1894.
We write a Homeowners policy covering both new and older homes. The older home program offers a market for those hard to place homes, because of their age. An inspection will determine the final acceptance of the home but all will be considered.
We include replacement cost on personal and farm personal property. Wood stoves are acceptable as long as they are professionally installed and maintained for safety.
In the event of a fire or loss by lightning the policyholder should contact the office immediately and they will be instructed on how to proceed with the claims process.